Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Antiparasitic & Antiseborrheic Medicated Shampoo
Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Antiparasitic & Antiseborrheic Shampoo effectively treats and relieves skin scaling caused by seborrhea and helps to relieve mange & other parasitic infections. Medicated formula is also effective against fungal & bacterial skin infections.
Seborrheic dermatitis is a skin disorder that can be either genetic or the result of bacterial or yeast infections. Symptoms may include inflamed scalp, greasy or waxy skin, red skin rashes and scaly skin like dandruff. Salicylic acid, coal tar & micronized sulfur are combined together to provide powerful medications proven effective in treating seborrhea, parasitic and fungal infections. Also contains colloidal oatmeal and allantoin to hydrate skin and promote healing. Initially, shampoo pet 2-3 times weekly. As skin condition improves, frequency of use can be lessened.
*Due to its coal tar content, we do not recommend its use on cats.
- Large numbers of skin flakes in the dog’s bedding
- Patches of flaking skin, especially on the back
- Excessively oily skin
- Pruritus (itching)
- Thick crusted skin
- Alopecia (hair loss)
- Ear infections
- Treats multiple skin conditions such as dermatitis, mange, seborrhea, parasitic and bacterial infections.
- Oatmeal and Allantoin to hydrate skin and promote healing.
- Shampoo should be used 2-3 times a week until skin condition improves and then the frequency can be lessened.
- Paraben, Dye, and Soap free.
- Coal tar is a common and effective treatment for skin conditions.
- Coal Tar: Coal tar is keratopathic (sheds dead skin cells from the top layer to allow growth of new skin cells) and is used to help alleviate dermatological issues such as itching, flaking, and scaling due to seborrheic dermatitis or psoriasis.
- Micronized Sulfur: Sulfur has a variety of beneficial properties for optimizing health. It’s well-known for providing joint health benefits, has been shown to aid in reducing chronic inflammation, has detoxifying properties, and can help with oxidation damage. Sulfur has also been used for years as a fungicide and pesticide. For pets, it’s used to help destroy ringworm, seborrhea, mange, and other dermatoses and parasites.
- Salicylic Acid: Salicylic acid is best known as an active ingredient used in many OTC human acne products. It’s also known for relieving aches and pains with its anti-inflammatory properties, as well as reducing fevers. And, salicylic acid is used widely for skin-care products to treat seborrheic dermatitis, acne, psoriasis, dandruff, and even warts. It works to help shed the cells of the epidermis, allowing clogged pores to open, neutralize bacteria, and then prevents pores from re-clogging by constricting them and allowing for new cell growth.
- Paraben-Free: Parabens have been found to mimic estrogen in the body- and when levels are disrupted, a link has developed with breast cancer & reproductive issues. All our formulas are Paraben-Free, to promote the safety, well-being and health of your pet.
- pH Balanced: Pet’s sensitive skin requires pH balanced treatment. Human shampoos are formulated at a lower pH (more acidic) -and should not be used on your pet.
- Soap-Free: Only the gentlest, naturally derived cleansers are used in our formulas. Contains no harsh soaps or damaging detergents.
- Spot–on-Safe: Will not remove topical spot-on flea & tick treatments.
- Dye Free
- Bi-Lingual & Spanish Packaging
Wet coat and apply shampoo generously. Work into a thick lather, massaging into the coat to thoroughly saturate skin. Allow to remain on pet 10-15 minutes. Rinse well. For topical use only on dogs & horses over 12 weeks. Avoid contact with eyes. If irritation develops, discontinue use and consult your veterinarian.
Purified Water, Proprietary Surfactant Blend, Acrylates Copolymer, Coal Tar Solution, Salicylic Acid, Micronized Sulfur, Fragrance, Colloidal Oatmeal USP, Allantoin, Preservative, Tetrasodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.
We Also Recommend
The Honest Kitchen Beef & Oat with Turkey Recipe Whole Food Clusters Dry Dog Food